The great outdoors conjures up mental images of wide open spaces and adventure. And what better way to explore and enjoy the wonderful open spaces on our fabulous planet than by camping. Camping in the best inflatable tent is a joy that once experienced becomes addictive. Putting up and taking down a tent can not only be time-consuming but it can also be challenging especially if it is your first camping encounter.
|Vango 5 Person Odyssey Air Beam 500 Inflatable Tent||5 People||-|
|Heimplanet Cave Inflatable Tent||3 People||11.90 Pounds|
|Transparent Outdoor Inflatable Bubble Tent||3+ People||99.2 Pounds|
|OLPRO Family Inflatable Tent – 8 Berth||8 People||61.72 Pounds|
|CAPRI 600XL Inflatable Tent – 6 person – Large Family Tent||6 People||37.2 pounds|
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $49.95Was: $70.00
- Price: $99.88Was: $110.00
- Price: $69.00Was: $79.95
- Price: $44.97Was: $75.00
Most people think that the amount of time you use to put up and take down a tent depends on the size of the tent. The truth is that it is possible to put up and take down a tent no matter its size.
There are so many types of tents available in the market, allowing you to choose the tent that suits your camping needs and requirements. Inflatable tents are the most popular types of camping tents available in the market today. They are lighter and easier to carry if you need to walk a long distance to your campsite. Unlike the traditional tents that you always have to worry about mending broken or bent poles; they do not require you to worry about any of these issues. If you are looking for a camping tent that is easy to put up and take down; consider getting an Inflatable Tent.
Tips for Selecting the Best inflatable Tent
When selecting one, there are several factors that you need to consider to ensure that you choose the tent that matches your needs. Consider the number of people to sleep in the tent, whether you can stand up inside the tent and if the tent comes with additional accessories such as mosquito netting.
Ventilation is also one of the important factors to consider. Traditional tents do not have any problems with ventilation but inflatable tents are a little more restrictive. It is important for you to ensure that the tent you select provides you with the appropriate air vent to ensure generous air flow through the tent. The amount of air the vent provides should be enough for the number of people sleeping in it especially if you are camping during the summer season.
Many people are worried that these Inflatable Tents can be swept away during bad weather. The truth is that usually they are very strong and hold up firmly even during rough weather conditions, so you do not have to worry about them collapsing when you are asleep.
Inflatable tents are designed using high standards to ensure reliability and durability. Most of them can withstand adverse weather conditions thus they are very reliable and durable if they are they are well cared for. It is unlikely for them to get punctures but in case they do get one, most come with an easy to use puncture repair kit. You can also purchase a repair kit separately. It is important for you to ensure that you clear the surface you want to pitch your tent to ensure that the surface is level.
Consider the size of your tent. As a rule, you should go for an extra berth when choosing one, so for example, you need a 3 berth one, you should choose a 4 berth to give you that little bit of extra space to maneuver around. No-one likes to be packed like sardines in a can !
If you will be using your tent in the winter or extreme weather condition you should purchase one with thermal insulation to keep the it warm and cozy. The thermal fabric also helps keep it cool in warmer weather.
The Advantages of Inflatable Tents
They Simplify Camping
Every household should own these tents for those spur of the moment weekend getaways or full-blown adventure holidays. It is just so easy to put one in the car and disappear into the wilderness for days. With a standard one, you are with the hassle of setting it up when you arrive, either at a campsite or wherever you fancy. This would involve first unpacking and laying it out, then assembling and inserting the poles. The next step is pegging the tent to the ground with pegs to hold it steady. When using inflatables, you just need to unpack, inflate, peg and you have a ready-made home away from home.
Compact and Lightweight
Unlike the traditional ones, Inflatable tents are very easy to carry. Since they do not have poles, they are easy to store and carry, making them the ideal choice for backpackers.
There are so many of these types in the market. They can be classified into different categories depending on the design, the method of pitching and the purpose. Here are some of the most common types and models in the market.
There are various styles of these tents. They are more geared towards home use – in the garden or backyard. More suited for use as a summer house or an extra space for your home than actual camping, Bubble tents provide an ideal extra space for guests or for the children to have sleepovers.
Camping Tent Types
A camping type tent is what you need for those intrepid weekend expeditions away. They are simple to set and erect. They also will be weatherproof and waterproof. Ideally, they should also be insect and animal proof – who wants to share a sleeping bag with a snake? Do check that the model are buying meets all your needs. The fabric should be strong and wind resistant, preferably high-grade polyester. Also, consider if it is flame resistant or fireproof. Remember that mostly when people go camping, they generally cook over an open or gas fire. The flame retardant fabric could save you or your families’ lives.
Pop Up Type
Pop up tents are also sometimes refereed to as instant tents. They are generally smaller than other types, and therefore more suitable for couples or small families. The big advantage is that there is no assembly at all. Just unpack it and it ‘pops up’ and is ready to be slept in instantly. They are perfect for short stays and impromptu visits from family members.
Another design is the Hydraulic type. These relatively new models are possibly the fastest and easiest to erect. Just push a button and it is ready in seconds!
Our Top 5 Picks
The market has so many inflatable tents from different brands. The inflatable tents on the market vary in prices and come with different features to meet the needs and requirements of different users. The abundance of different models in the market makes it hard for you to decide which product best meets your requirements. After carrying out a thorough research of the market, we have identified the most the best 5 and without much further ado, here is the list.
Vango 5 Person Odyssey Air Beam 500 is a 5 person tent that has a generous size and comes with a front and side doors for easy access. The tent can be comfortably used by up to 6 adults and it is very easy to pitch and taken down. It has a windowed living area at the front that makes an ideal area for eating or socializing while the spacious bedroom area features total darkness for a good night rest. It insect, wind and rain proof. It features a patented air system to reduce condensation (a common problem for campers).
It is also fitted with lantern hooks and internal storage pockets, making it very ideal for family use. It has a room divider for privacy and full mesh doors that ensure you get fluid airflow throughout the tent. It is stand-up height thus you do not have to stress about getting in and out of it. The Odyssey Air Beam 500 holds up well in windy weather. The inner part is made from materials that reduce glare, making it very pleasant to relax in.
Features and Specifications
- Sleep: 5
- Of bedrooms: 2
- Material: Polyester
- Stand up height
- Full mesh doors for breathability
- Waterproof construction
- “Lights out” design
- Weight: 35 lb (15.9 kg).
- Tent dimensions: (L x W) are 183.1 x 126 in (465 x 320 cm)
- Floor area: 160 ft² (14.88 m²)
- Package dimensions: 27.6 x 13.4 x 13.4 in (70 x 34 x 34 cm)
- Rated 4 stars
- The Odyssey Air Beam 500 holds up well in windy weather. The inner part of the tent is made from materials that reduce glare, making it a great dark rest tent.
- It is fitted with lantern hooks and internal storage pockets, making it an ideal for a family.
- It has a room divider for privacy and full mesh doors that ensure you get fluid airflow throughout the tent.
- Is stand-up height thus you do not have to worry about getting in and out of the tent
- It is insect, wind and rain proof.
- Features a patented air system to reduce condensation which is a common problem for campers.
- Comes with a front and side doors for easy access.
- Has a windowed living area at the front that makes an ideal area for eating or socializing while the spacious bedroom area features total darkness for a good night rest.
The Heimplanet Cave – 3-Person is of very high-quality and is very ideal for expeditions. It is designed to accommodate 3 people. It is incredibly stable due to its futuristic Geodesic structure and can be erected in less than one minute and is available in white or camouflage to blend in with any terrain. It is constructed from only the finest materials. This is a premium product and will last for many years and withstand whatever strenuous expeditions you can throw at it. It is also perfect tent for rugged exploration or trekking in treacherous weather.
It is very easy to inflate since the inner and outer walls work as a unit and all inflate simultaneously. It has multi-chamber to ensure that it stays inflated even if one part deflates, ensuring that it doesn’t collapse on you unexpectedly. Once set up is extremely stable, weatherproof and is made from high-quality materials to ensure durability. The center part forms a star-shaped roof which creates a point-symmetrical slope that provides five rain run-off panels. Multiple sewn-in Pockets provide you with space for smaller and bigger items alike. A porch at the entrance offers you room for cooking items or keeping other items. With its detachable gear loft underneath the rooftop you get additional storage space that can be used to place a lamp.
Features and Specifications
- IGD/Geodesic Structure
- Multi Chamber Safety
- One-Pump System
- Weight 4.8 Kg
- Multi Chamber Safety System
- Airframe: Recyclable material
- Outer layer: Extra stiff and resistant polyester
- Inner layer: Flexible thermoplastic polyurethane
- Overall height: 127 cm (50 inches)
- Height of inner tent: 102 cm (40 inches)
- Pack size: 40 x 32 x 23 cm (16 x 13 x 9 inch)
- Weight: 4.8 kg (10.60 lbs)
- Included: Pegs, Repair Kit, Guy Lines, Pack Sack, Gear Loft, Pump Adapter
- Rated 5 stars
- It is incredibly stable due to its futuristic Geodesic structure.
- The Heimplanet can be erected in less than one minute and is available in white or camouflage to blend in with any terrain.
- It is very easy to inflate since the inner and outer walls work as a unit and inflate and deflate simultaneously.
- Comes with a multi-chamber to ensure that it stays inflated even if one part deflates, ensuring it doesn’t cave in unexpectedly.
- Extremely stable, weatherproof and is made from high-quality materials to ensure durability.
- The center part is a star-shaped roof which creates a point-symmetrical slope that provides different run-off panels for rain water.
- It includes multiple sewn-in bags that provide you with space for smaller and bigger items alike.
- The tent can be hard to comfortably fit in 3 people.
- A few customers have complained of poor customer service.
RelaxNow Transparent Outdoor Tent is the only inflatable bubble tent on our list its courtesy of its unique design and features. From its extensive size and its own bathroom. It is perfect for your back yard and great for lying in, in the in the garden in the day or looking up at the stars at night. The fabric its made from is high-grade PVC tarpaulin which is very durable. It consists of 1 large living area, a bedroom, and a bathroom. It provides an additional space to your home that your family, friends, and children will love.
Features and Specifications
- Rated 4 stars
- Free repair kit
- Blower and glue
- 1 large living area
- A bedroom
- 1 bathroom
- Made from 0.3 mm PVC and high-quality tarpaulin
- The inflatable tent creates one tunnel while inflating the tank, making a comfy room for the kids to play.
- It is made up of high-grade materials using 0.3 mm PVC along with tarpaulin to impart durability and reliability.
- The tent comes with essential accessories like a free repair kit, blower to inflate it and glue which makes it a worthy purchase.
- The inflatable bubble tent is perfect for your back yard and can be used for lounging in the garden in the day or looking up at the stars at night.
- Provides an additional space to your home.
The OLPRO Family – 8 Berth is a spacious family sized and will accommodate 8 people. It is perfect for large families or a group of friends holidaying together. This one inflates in minutes to provide a generous sized inner bedroom with dividers for privacy, a large living area with plenty of space for a dining table and an external canopy should you wish to sit outside. The tent is tall enough for adults to stand up and it has 2 doors and 2 windows. It also comes complete with a heavy duty pump. Two steel poles to hold up the door panel to create a canopy for an extra bit of room during good weather. It is made from waterproof 190T OLTech Polyester with 5,000mm H/H and sewn in groundsheet to keep you warm, comfortable and dry in all weather.
Features and Specifications
- Rated 4 1/2 stars
- Sewn in groundsheet
- Berth: 6
- Colour: Grey, Black & Burnt Orange
- Dimensions: Height (cm): 210cm, Length (cm): 680cm and Width (cm): 300cm
- Packed dimensions (cm): 70cm x 36cm x 38cm
- Weight (kg): 30kg
- Hydrostatic Head: 5,000mm H/H
- Material: 150D Oxford
- Sewn in groundsheet: Yes
- Poles: Inflatable beams
- Canopy poles: Yes
- Number of doors: 2
- Windows: 2
- Pitching time: 10 minutes
- Iinflates in minutes to provide a generous sized inner bedroom with dividers for privacy, a large living area with plenty of space for a dining table
- Tall enough for adults to stand up in and it has 2 doors and 2 windows.
- The family inflatable tent comes complete with a heavy duty pump.
- This OLPRO has two steel poles to hold up the door panel to create a canopy for an extra bit of room during good weather.
- It is made from waterproof Polyester groundsheet to keep you warm, comfy and dry whatever the weather.
- The tent is perfect for large families or friends holidaying together.
CAPRI 600XL is fast and easy to inflate. The 6 person tent has a large sleeping area divided into 3 bedrooms. The bedrooms are lined with extra dark fabric for a blackout effect to ensure a good night sleep. It offers you a generous living space with 2 doors and diamond clear windows to let the light flood in. It has a built in front extension canopy to provide more space and it is deceptively large.
The CAPRI 600XL uses air beam support system technology instead of classic poles. The system features 4 air beams which are inflated with the pump that is included in the package. The beams are pre-angled to create a larger internal space and to make it easier to hold against strong winds. It has one classic shock-corded fiberglass pole which you use to create the front porch, which is ideal for sitting. It comes with a patented TBS (Tension Band System) feature, which ensures that it is reliable even in adverse conditions.
Features and Specifications
- Rated 4 stars
- Impressive waterproof rating
- Front porch
- Huge PVC windows
- Electric cable port
- Air pump included
- The weight of the tent: 52 lb (23.55 kg)
- Packed size: 27.6 x 16.9 x 15.4 inches (70 x 43 x 39 cm)
- Air Beam technology
- It features 4 air beams that are pre-angled to create a larger internal space and to make it easier for the tent to hold against winds.
- The tent has one classic shock-corded fiberglass pole which you use to create the front porch, which is ideal for sitting.
- The inflatable tent has patented TBS (Tension Band System) feature, which ensures that the tent is reliable even in adverse conditions.
- The bedrooms are lined with extra dark fabric for a blackout effect to ensure a good night sleep.
- It offers you a generous living space with 2 doors and diamond clear windows to let the light flood in.
- The CAPRI 600XL Inflatable Tent has a built in front extension canopy to provide more space making it a deceptively large tent.
As you can see, there are many factors to consider when choosing the model to buy. We hope that our guide has helped you make an informed decision in choosing the most suitable one for your requirements. Most of the products in this category are designed for areas with lots of rain thus they provide you with generously sized living areas when you are out camping or hiking.
If you are interested in learning about hammocks look at our hammock buyer’s guide.